Research Interests: Population dynamics, dispersal, conservation biology, model selection and inference
- Catlin, D. H., J. D. Fraser, J. H. Felio, and J. B. Cohen. 2011. Piping plover habitat selection, and nest success on natural, managed, and engineered Missouri River sandbars. Journal of Wildlife Management, 75: 305 – 310.
- Catlin, D. H., J. H. Felio, and J. D. Fraser. 2011. Effect of owl trapping and removal on pre-fledge survival in piping plovers. Journal of Wildlife Management, 75: 458 – 462.
- Catlin, D. H., R. Jacobson, M. Sherfy, M. Anteau, J. Felio, J. Fraser, C. Lott, T. Shaffer, and J. Stucker. 2010. Discussion of “Natural hydrograph of the Missouri River near Sioux City and the least tern and piping plover” by Donald Jorgensen. Journal of Hydrological Engineering, 15:1076 – 1078.
- Roche, E. A., J. B. Cohen, D. H. Catlin, D. L. Amirault-Langlais, F. J. Cuthbert, C. L. Gratto-Trevor, J. Felio, and J. D. Fraser. 2010. Range-wide piping plover survival: correlated patterns and temporal declines. Journal of Wildlife Management, 74: 1784 – 1791.
- Morrison J. L., K. E. Pias, J. B. Cohen, D. H. Catlin. 2009. Environmental correlates of nesting success in Crested Caracara (Caracara cheriway). Auk 126: 755 – 764.
- Catlin, D. H., and D. K. Rosenberg. 2008. Breeding Dispersal and Nesting Behavior of Burrowing Owls Following Experimental Nest Predation. American Midland Naturalist 159: 1 – 7.
- Cohen, J.B., S.M. Karpanty, D.H. Catlin, J.D. Fraser, and R. A. Fischer. 2008. Winter ecology of piping plovers at Oregon Inlet, North Carolina. Waterbirds 31:472-479.
- LaFever, D. H., K. E. LaFever, D. H. Catlin, and D. K. Rosenberg. 2008. Diurnal Time Budget of Burrowing Owls in a Resident Population During the Non-breeding Season. Southwestern Naturalist 53(1): 29 – 33.
- McGowan, C. P., D. H. Catlan (sic), G. D. Jons, and G. P. Pavelka. 2007. Piping plovers nesting amongst cottonwood saplings. Waterbirds, 30(2): 275 – 277.
- Morrison, J. L., M. McMillian, J. B. Cohen, and D. H. Catlin. 2007. Environmental correlates of nesting success in red-shouldered hawks. Condor, 109(3): 648 – 657.
- Catlin, D. H., and D. K. Rosenberg. 2006. Nest destruction increases mortality and dispersal of burrowing owls in the Imperial Valley, California. Southwestern Naturalist, 51(3): 406 – 409.
- Cohen, J. B., J. D. Fraser, and D. H. Catlin. 2006. Survival and site fidelity of Piping Plovers on Long Island, New York. Journal of Field Ornithology, 77(4): 409 – 417.
- Gervais, J. A., D. H. Catlin, N. D. Chelgren, and D. K. Rosenberg. 2006. Radio-transmitter mount type affects burrowing owl survival. Journal of Wildlife Management, 70(3): 872 – 876.
- Catlin, D. H., D. K. Rosenberg, and K. L. Haley. 2005. Nesting success, mate fidelity, and breeding dispersal in burrowing owls. Canadian Journal of Zoology, 83(12): 1574 – 1580.
- Gervais, J. A. & D. H. Catlin. 2004. Temporal Patterns of DDE in Burrowing Owl Eggs from the Imperial Valley, California. Southwestern Naturalist 49: 509 – 511.
- The Wildlife Society (2003- )
- Cooper Ornithological Society (2004- )
- Sigma Xi, Associate Member, Hamilton College Chapter (2002- )
- Gamma Sigma Delta, Oregon State University Chapter (lifetime)
- Wilson Ornithological Society (2007- )
- Society of Field Ornithologists (2007- )
- American Ornithologists Union (2007- )
- The Waterbird Society (2007- )
- Virginia Tech
- Department of Fisheries and Wildlife Sciences
- Utah State University
- Oregon State University
- Hamilton College
Last updated October 2011